We make the trip over to the West of Scotland on Saturday 20th September to face last year’s Lowland League Champions East Kilbride with a 3pm kickoff at the K-Park Training Academy. The South Lanarkshire Side sit 8th in the league after a mixed start and will offer another stern test in what should be a cracking encounter. Berwick supporters will know the name of their captain Craig Malcolm who was a prolific scorer for many years at our border ‘rivals’ Stranraer.
Kevin Waugh is doubtful and the defence will be bolstered by the return of Ricky Miller. New loan signing Joao ‘John’ Balde will be in the squad for the first time. Chris Gray has left the club by mutual consent.
The referee is Andrew Bryson supported by James Duffy and Sandy Miller
K-PARK and TRAVEL INFORMATION
Food Kiosks are available within the ground and there is a Sports Club next door for refreshments
Thanks to East Kilbride FC for the following information
Notes for Spectators
East Kilbride FC welcomes spectators to all games. Information for spectators is listed below.
1. The match will take place at K-Park Training Academy with a 3.00pm kick-off. Admission is £7.00 Adults; £4.00 Concessions (Under 12s Free, one per paying adult). Spectators should follow the guidance of Stewards when requested.
2. Car parking at K-Park is restricted to players and officials only. Spectators are requested to utilise the parking area at the entrance to the Country Park or the nearby Kelvin Industrial Estate. Please note there are ongoing road works taking place in and around the entrance to the Country Park.
3. Alcohol is not permitted at the match. Any spectator found to be in possession of alcohol, or who is deemed to be heavily under the influence of alcohol, will be asked to leave the facility.
4. No pets are allowed entry and smoking (in any form) is strictly prohibited within the boundaries of K-Park.
5. All spectators are reminded that the K-Park Training Academy is a family orientated community sports facility. All spectators are expected to behave in an appropriate manner that respects the facility and other users, both in terms of their ‘language’ and actions.
6. Calderglen Country Park could be busy with families and spectators are similarly requested to respect the park and its visitors.
K-Park is located within Calderglen Country Park, the entrance to which is on Strathaven Road (A726). The postcode is G75 0QZ.